What else do we do? A lot!
For the community: From in-school visits and demos, to creating digital content to follow up Science Cafe visits, to setting up mentorships. We are the gateway for our young students’ pathways to science.
For graduate, professional, and undergraduate students: Open Labs’s vision is to make distinctive, lasting, and substantial growth in the life of young scholars and the community. To do so, we’re on a mission to attract, excite, and develop passionate and exceptional people on our team. Our values-driven team is a resource for you and our resources and abilities are the gateway to realizing YOUR ideas on how to make distinctive, lasting, and substantial growth in the life of young scholar and the community. More information on volunteering can be found on the “Support Us” tab.
For graduate & professional students: We are your gateway to outreach and a vehicle for implementing your ideas.
• Proven track record (Est. 2012)
• Impact: depth & breath
• Scalable model
• Volunteer run
• Fun & innovative
• Partnership based
Director: Lam Vo (email@example.com)
Finance Committee: Caitlin Gish (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PR Committee: Tiger Lu (email@example.com)
• Claudia Merson, Director of Public School Partnerships
Office of New Haven & State Affairs
• Maria Parente, Pathways to Science Program Manager
Close Partner Organizations
• ARTE Inc
• Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
• Yale BBS Diversity and Inclusion Collective (YBDIC)
• Boys and Girls Club of New Haven
• CitySeed New Haven
• Graduate and Professional Student Senate, Yale University
• Pathways to Science, Office of New Haven and State Affairs, Yale University
Educating and mentoring underprivileged & underrepresented students interested in pursuing scientific careers
Bridging the disparity gap - Bringing graduate & professional students together - Building the local community